This excellent 2008 article by a National Archives and Records Administration staffer provides a wonderful hand-holding for those wanting to know not just if their Rev. War ancestor got his pension, but when, where, and for how much. Click link to read the article in full. Show me the money.
Looking for something? Try a keyword search.
- Pilgrim’s Rest and the Colvins. (revised)
- What’s in a name? Refining the Historical Record of Catlett’s Station
- Southern Loyalties and the Ravages of War: The Petition of William Colvin Before The Southern Claims Commission, 1873.
- Improved Legacy Image Annotations Provide Needed Context.
- Legacy Images and Annotations: How To Ruin a Genealogical Teaching Moment.
All posts by Catagory.
The Boneyard (Archives)